How can I help?
- Dress collection- Our Queens need to look their best. We know there are lots of dresses hanging in closets from special events that will never be worn again. Those dresses need to shine again! Help us locate those gowns and bring them to the thrift shop for our Queens to shop free of charge.
- Donation- Do you know folks that might want to provide financial or in-kind support? We need everything from table sponsors to hair dressers.
- Decoration crew- On February 7th from 4:00-9:00 we turn our church sanctuary into a glittering event space ready to sparkle.
- Day of crew- On February 8th beginning at 9:00, we begin setting the scene to welcome our guests of honor. Come dressed ready to work as we set up tents, string lights and roll out the red carpet
- Be a Buddy- Every participant is matched with a Buddy. Your job is to make sure they have an incredible night. When you arrive, you will be introduced to your Buddy. Together, you will visit the prep booths for hair and makeup. Once inside, you will serve them dinner, help them visit our different party rooms and dance the night away. At the end of the night, you will help them retrieve their favor and photo and send them on their way!
- Food crew- Feeding folks is an important job. We have to plate and serve all our participants a full dinner and that takes many hands!
- Hair and Make-up- Do you have a gift for making others look and feel their best? Than we need you and your bag of tricks! Help our ladies feel glamorous by giving them some extra sparkle before they go in.
- Photographers- There can never be enough photos taken of this night to remember. We need photographers to shoot our red carpet, our photo booths and to be available to take photos for participants on their phones.
- Health and Safety- Are you trained to care for the physical or emotional needs of participants? We need helpers in our wellness and quiet rooms to be supportive of participants who need a break from the dancing and noise.
- Break down- The most necessary but the toughest job. We know folks are tired. Many of our break down team members were also our set up team. That is why we're hoping you will be volunteer to slip out of that fancy dress and into some work clothes and help us break down.