How can I help?
- Dress collection- Our Queens need to look their best. We know there are lots of dresses hanging in closets from special events that will never be worn again. Those dresses need to shine again! Help us locate those gowns and bring them to the thrift shop for our Queens to shop free of charge.
- Fundraising- Do you know folks that might want to provide financial or in-kind support? We need everything from table sponsors to hairdressers.
- Social media- Do you love Instagramming? We need you! Help us tell the story of this awesome event and guests!
- Decoration crew- On February 6th we turn our event space into a glittering prom!
- Day of crew- On February 7th beginning at 9:00 a.m., we begin setting the scene to welcome our guests of honor. Come dressed ready to work as we set up tents, string lights and roll out the red carpet
- Buddy- Every participant is matched with a Buddy. Your job is to make sure they have an incredible night. When you arrive, you will be introduced to your Buddy. Together, you will visit the prep booths for hair and makeup. Once inside, you will serve them dinner, help them visit our different party rooms and dance the night away. At the end of the night, you will help them retrieve their favor and photo and send them on their way!
- A/V Team- Run a camera, troubleshoot sound issues and keep the party going! We live stream our event to our family and caregiver room and on Facebook. We need you to keep to running!
- Arts and crafts- Sometimes our guests need to put their feet up and rest. You will lead them through some fun crafts to help remember their night. Must love glitter and feathers.
- Bathroom attendee- Provide assistance as needed to ensure guest safety, hand out mints and bobby pins and make sure the bathroom stays safe and smelling lovely.
- DJ assistant- It is a lot of work keeping the party going. You're job is to do whatever the DJ needs and to get people on the dance floor.
- Floaters- Other duties as assigned.
- Food crew- Feeding folks is an important job. We have to plate and serve all our participants a full dinner and that takes many hands!
- Hair and Makeup- Do you have a gift for making others look and feel their best? Than we need you and your bag of tricks! Help our ladies feel glamorous by giving them some extra sparkle before they go in.
- Photographers/Videographers- There can never be enough photos taken of this night to remember. We need photographers to shoot our red carpet, our photo booths and to be available to take photos for participants on their phones.
- Health and Safety- Are you trained to care for the physical or emotional needs of participants? We need helpers in our wellness and quiet rooms to be supportive of participants who need a break from the dancing and noise.
- Guest and Volunteer Check In- Scan registration forms, greet groups and match guests and volunteers.
- Karaoke- Our guests want to sing as much as they want to dance. Help them pick a song, manage sign ups and generally just belt it out.
- Limo Attendees- Maintain a safe and efficient flow of guests into and out of the limos.
- Medical Care- We hope we don't need you...but just in case. * Professional medical experience required
- Family and caregiver room- Our families and caregivers are invited to stay and party in their own space. Keep them comfy, feed them and make sure they have a fun time.
- Parking- There are almost 500 people attending this event. You get to park them safely!
- Quiet room- Be there to support our guests if they get too hot, overwhelmed or just need a break! *Mental health or experience with individuals with special needs required.
- Red Carpet Attendees/Paparazzi- Make sure that our guests are welcomed to the event in the way they would prefer. Get the crowd cheering and excited!
- Security- Help keep our guests and volunteers safe. Monitor the facility for any safety concerns.
- Shoe Shine- Shine shoes.
- Table service- Keep our event space trash free and glamorous feeling. The most important job of the night, hands down!
- Break down- The most necessary but the toughest job. We know folks are tired. Many of our break down team members were also our set up team. That is why we're hoping you will be volunteer to slip out of that fancy dress and into some work clothes and help us break down.